This morning between school drop off and pick up duties, I went through my kit and decided to replenish my lipstick palettes to prep for my upcoming Bridal client trials. While I was going through the zip-lock bags of lipsticks that I brought out from our fridge, I got out my favorite on-trend reds and berries. (Yes, I said lipsticks, zip-lock and fridge in one sentence).
Tip: Use compact makeup palettes to carry just enough products in your kit. Put the rest in zip-lock bags to keep them safe from absorbing food smells etc.and store them in the fridge. It helps keep lip products and big foundation bottles and tubes fresh for longer, while saving you from spending your hard-earned cash on Chiropractor and physiotherapist bills. (Even if they’re as wonderful as my Chiropractor and RMT).
What are your fave red and berry shade lipsticks? I have others, but I don’t have them (yet) or here, on me. Love Make Up For Ever Aqua Lips, too! Maybe some of these are on your must-have list, too:
- Bloom an Autralian brand’s Lip Tint in Plum, is my staple and it’s sadly almost done! I got it from The Beauty Bar in Manila. It’s a slim lip balm infused lip tint with SPF 8 Vit E and avocado oil, that looks a little brownish in the above photo, but is a sheer winter plum shade that just gives your natural lip color a boost. I also love the sheer melon (nude) shade in Stain. $22AUS.
- Laura Mercier Gel Lip Color in Sweet Cherry is light weight and moisturizing lipstick that looks bold in the bullet but has a soft color pay-off on the lips. $24.00
- MAC ‘s Rebel (Satin), Resolutely Red and Capricious (Luster) are all MAC must-haves. And for just $15USD (less 40% for MAC Pro members. Wheee!) Don’t ask me how many MAC colors I own.
- Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Love That Red, is a Filipino cosmetics brand that’s been around for years. I blogged about this lipstick before. Ridiculously cheap and under-rated for what they have to offer (especially if converted into $CAD uh..say..$2.50?) I wish I bought more of their matte lipsticks like this. It comes with a matching gloss on the top of the lipstick cap. The nearest shade I’ve found to this is the fab and popular Vasanti Cosmetics‘ USA. A looks-great-on- anyone shade of red! $15.00
- Rimmel London‘s by Kate Lasting Finish lipstick 09. They’re said stay on your lips for 8 hours and infused with Black Diamonds, which “reflects light like never before”. This is Kate Moss’ first line of lipstick cosmetics, and was my top Pick of my lot, because it does what it says, and I love the feel of it on my lips. Pretty Color, too! Comes in 15 shades and is available for $7.50 at Rexall.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Terre de Feu is one shade I always get compliments on when I wear it out. It’s black cherry or a deep red with blue undertones. The shade of red that seems to suit most Asians with my medium brown skin and yellow undertone. It was my first of Nars’ Pure Matte Lipstick collection that offers bold, longlasting, but moisturizing lipsticks. Contains mango butter to prevent that awful matte lipstick “drag” and acai berry oil to moisturize and soften lips. Bit pricey at $32.00 but you are definitely paying for these ingredients’ benefits.
I will be posting a couple of looks that you may want to try for your special date with your special someone (bf? fiance? husband? bunch of friends?) on Feb 14th. You know, that special day… You guessed it! My big bro’s birthday! Happy birthday kuya Adrian!!! I miss you all and I’ve exceeded my daily use of “!” quota.
Go sheer for the color-shy makeup newbies, with a lip tint or gloss, or go for a bold and beautiful on-trend red this Valentines.
Up next… You Got to Mauve it on up! (Lips: violet shades).Getting Valentines Ready: Red Lips,