Happy Friday Everyone! Can you believe October is almost over? Crazy, how time flies!
I thought I’d clock in and share my mini haul from the L’Oreal Sale and ask if you’ve used your ticket(s) yet? (I distributed a few to some friends and fellow makeup and beauty bloggers here in Toronto, as usual).
It was a fun (and crazy) morning with my super-mom makeup artist friends- Donna Marie and Lelo. But I won’t elaborate on the crazy part.
We ended up having brunch at Cora’s (yumm) and had time to talk shop as well as share some girly chit-chat about life, work and balancing the two. It’s so great to share and these two talented and hardworking ladies are inspiring. I just don’t think there’s room for anything but mutual support and encouragement for fellow (women) in the Beauty Industry.
I didn’t expect to spend much since all three of us said we were saving for the International Makeup Artist Trade Show (IMATS, Nov 17th and 18th 2012).
The last time I was in Toronto to attend “the Show” as many makeup artists call it, was a couple of years ago. Here’s my post on what I got from IMATS then. But I still ended up with a couple of “wanted” items which weren’t on my “Need List”.
I declare Donna Marie- the Winner of spending wisely, followed by our friend Tess, whose post showed that they just spent $15+ at the sale. *applause*
This is what I came home with and what our morning looked like in photos:
- Elnett Strong Hold Hairspray $6
- A perfectly Fall berry shade Maybelline shimmer lip gloss $3
- 2 Maybelline Mascaras One by One (Volume) $3.75 and Pro Extend (Length) $3.75
- 2 Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealers $3.50 each
- L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Day/Night Cream with a free trial size Serum $17 –My Skin is loving this product!
- Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost $2.50 –to add to my hair kit!
- L’Oreal Nail Polish in Breaking Curfew- Love the dark deep purple blackberry color but it didn’t last very long on my nails before chipping:( $3.50
- And these 2 gift sets: Men’s 4 mini fragrances $21 and Ralph Lauren EDT Set $37.75–for moi!
If you made it to the Private Sale (and it’s by invite only)- let me know what you thought and which products you came home with.
Tip: Don’t get overwhelmed when you do go on these warehouse type sales. Browse around first, or put things into two piles in your cart/basket: your ‘must gets,’ and a’ maybe’ pile. Then edit wisely before you get to the cashier. Some things are better deals than others, bargain sets make great gifts- (IF you know which scents or fragrances/shades your friends and family actually like/are), and staples like mascaras at $3.75 each compared to the usual $8-15 in stores are smart purchases. Don’t let the “Sale” bug bite you and get carried away. The boxes and shelves are displayed in a way that often make consumers feel like they’re in a huge jumble sale on purpose.
Happy weekend beauty friends!