I’ve been a huge fan of Laura Mercier’s Flawless Face line and have been using her base products on clients and shoots for over 10 years now. I often get asked by Bridal clients, fellow makeup artists, photographers and even a couple of Director/Producers, which foundations I use. They either love the way it looks in person, on cam or in my portfolio images, and I don’t blame them. A lot of it has a lot to do with the quality of products used. But application and blending skills help, too! It’s like beautiful skin, only better – a Flawless Face begins with good skin. Skincare aside, these products can help create that exact canvas, even if you’ve not been blessed with a blemish-free, even toned face.
Laura Mercier’s Best-Seller Tinted Moisturizer, Secret Concealer and Secret Camouflage have been consistently gracing the likes of InStyle’s consumer choice Beauty Awards for years. They have been part of my kit’s Must-Have’s for over a decade.
Here’s an old photo of my Base kit, overflowing with my various base products and Laura Mercier Primer, Tinted Moisturizers, Liquid, and Powder Foundation.
Last September, Laura Mercier launched what Deborah Fulsang dubbed as “The Multi-Tasker – one-minute miracle” in The Kit. The Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact, SPF 20 (in 12 shades) $45 (Available at Holt Renfrew and Sephora). And I was so excited to receive a mini one from Sephora! So cute and perfect for on-the-go touch ups!
I normally take the Bisque (or Sand when I pick up a Summer tan in the Tinted Moisturizer) so I picked Sand for the shade of my mini Tinted Moisturizer Creme gift. The choice was only between that or Nude. I love the texture! So easy to apply and blend, but sadly, Sand wasn’t the right choice of shade for my in-between Summer/Winter skin tone and left me looking a little ashy.
Here’s a Before and After to show you how dewy and smoothly it applied, and how it helped to diminish my minor blemishes and uneven skin around my eyes and nose:
Finally, the best-selling Tinted Moisturizer is available in a convenient compact! Laura’s latest innovation features a lightweight crème formula that gives skin a dewy, natural-looking flawless finish ideal for all skin types. With SPF 20 and a hint of color, this portable compact is perfect for travel and touch ups on the go. It’s a breakthrough for the Flawless Face!
- Lightweight formula moisturizes and hydrates skin
- Provides sheer to moderate, buildable coverage with hint of colour for a natural look
- Adds a healthy glow to the complexion with a natural, dewy and luminous finish
- Applies evenly onto skin, doesn’t settle into fine lines
- Visibly evens skin tone and softens fine and dry lines
- Upon application, skin is brighter, more even-toned, and dark spots and imperfections look visibly diminished
- Longwearing formula (6-8 hours) is ideal for active lifestyles
- Stays color-true, does not oxidize and wears evenly
- Broad spectrum SPF 20 provides UVA and UVB protection
- Easy-to-use, perfect for travel compact comes with a luxurious new sponge applicator
- For all skin types, including sensitive skin; non-comedogenic
- Non-greasy, fragrance-free, talc-free
- Dermatologically tested; allergy tested to minimize the risk of allergy and irritation.
- 7.50 g/0.26 OZ.
- Laura’s technique:Using the custom sponge applicator or clean fingertips, apply to the face starting at the outer portion of the face and working inwards toward the nose. Blend well and repeat application until desired coverage is achieved.Go try it out and get the perfect shade with the help of one of the Laura Mercier artists at the counter! I know I’ll be going to get 2-3 for my kit. Hmm, maybe I’ll go do that and get my 15% off Gift Card (Christmas Comes Early event) at Holt Renfrew, tomorrow. I hear the Holiday Collections are in!