My love for makeup art stems from my background in art and design and my education in Business (Marketing), which lead me to a career in cosmetics brand management. How does one come from that to teaching makeup? Part of my job as Brand manager for The Body Shop (makeup) and Essenses Cosmetics (Philippines) for multiple brands including Laura Mercier and Nars, entailed taking on the Training needs of the brands’ retail artists. Marketing and Sales was a lot of pressure but lead to very little without the skills and knowledge of the brands’ front-liners. The people, customers interact with before they decide to part with their cash (or card) and bring these products home. Working closely with them until each makeup artist was empowered with the product knowledge and application skills every month for years, taught me so much. I’ve kept in touch with my previous “students” and still enjoy sharing the knowledge with my own clients til today!
MAKEUP CLASSES: Group/Private lessons available $200.00 per person (Each 2-hour class). Ask me for a “Custom Lesson” quote.
- Makeup Essentials (Flawless face application, day to night eyes, the perfect blush, picking out lip shades to balance your look, and mastering mascara application. A must for anyone who needs to master their own or provide a customized makeup wardrobe to clientele) Basic to Intermediate Level.
- Tricks’n'Trends (A step up from ‘Makeup Essentials’, this class focuses on current trends and focuses on sculpted cheeks, brow-shaping and false lashes to compliment various looks that focus on eyes and/or lips). Intermediate to Advanced Level.
- The Art of Airbrush Makeup (Requires a compressor and airbrush/gun equipment and is great for anyone who may be new to using airbrush makeup or just wants to transition to using airbrush makeup as a traditional makeup user. Some theory, is followed by a hands-on lesson, starting from getting-to-know your airbrush tools, to stroke exercises and ending in an actual application of air base, air contour, air cheeks, and possibly eyes, brows and lips for more advanced learners). Beginner Level.
- Fashion & Editorial (Runway -vs- real way with a focus on ‘beauty’ for anyone who loves makeup artistry and wants to hone their creative skills and push the limits of their makeup kits). Advanced Level.
- Bridal Makeup – (Learn the foolproof tricks of the trade to apply the perfect, timeless, long-wearing and classic bridal looks that are both camera and wedding party guests ready!) Intermediate to advanced level.
Makeup is fun and is an easy way to make a statement and to define everyone’s unique and natural beauty. I love teaching others about makeup, whether it’s just a few basic strokes and steps you need, or you are an inspiring makeup artist, or a full on makeup and beauty buff! My classes are tailored to your needs, interactive, fun and informative! They are available on a 1-on-1 private class, semi private class (maybe you and your bff want to take up a class together?) as well as in group settings. Find out more about my classes & workshops and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 648 5956.